Monday, July 15, 2013

You do get better ...




When I first started running, it was almost a joke.  Nobody in my family EVER ran past when we had to in school *anybody remember the Wellsville Mile?* or what it took to get us around the bases in baseball. I thought I didn't like to run. I thought I was too 'fat' to run.  I thought 5 miles was going to be TOO far for me to run.  Oh boy, did I THINK.  I truly over thought every part of it.  But, Coach J convinced me that I could if I really wanted to.  

If you change your thoughts, you can change your world!

And change my world it did.  Now, when I go out for a 2-3 mile run, it doesn't seem as monumental.  Now, when I start to train for Bone to Back the 40 mile relay team of 8 (so I run 5 miles) I don't get intimidated, I just do it!  In fact, when I have to take on a harder leg because it has hills, I embrace it.  I know I can do it, I know I will survive and I know I will LOVE almost every minute of it.



And just so you have a witness that exercising/running/eating healthy does get make you better with time, when I completed my 5 mile leg, I was on a harder 5 miles and I had not run more than 3 miles before that day, I got a Personal Record (PR) time and felt GREAT after I ran.  YEAH!!

 Enjoy a Beautiful Day!!

---What do you do to help realize things get easier? 
---Have you done something that was once hard and now isn't? 

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're writing a blog about your journey! Lance keeps telling me that I need to do that too. I'm not very eloquent with words so I've been putting it off. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete