Friday, July 19, 2013

Sabotaging thoughts...

 Wow, this article was eye opening!  I love when I find a great article to really help me with the emotional side of my weight struggles.  When I can write them out, figure them out and move past them, I know I am in a better place.  I know that I can leave them as part of my past and stay the healthy person I have worked so hard to become.  

Go check out the article HERE.

I know we are all guilty of saying many of these sabotaging thoughts. 
Here were a few of mine when I wrote them down.

-- My kids are driving me crazy, I NEED some chocolate.
-- Nobody will know if I eat this if I don't write it down or eat it in front of everyone.
-- I want it so I can have it.
-- I don't want to feel deprived when everyone else is having something.
-- They are eating it, so I can too.
-- I am too tired to work out.
-- I don't have enough time to work out and shower and get everything else done I need to.
-- I am not physically fit enough to do that activity.


Well, guess where those thoughts got me?  Overweight and unhappy in my own skin.  I had to change those thoughts into something that I knew would serve me and my body.  It wasn't easy, I still struggle with some of these thoughts, but I KNOW what I want my body to feel like and feeding it junk and sitting on the couch only makes me feel like junk and to stay on the couch.

I still want sweets sometimes.  I still enjoy them, I just do it every once in a while instead of every day.  I just have a little of something and am satisfied with that.  I do enjoy working out and am always glad I do, some days are just harder than others.  This change of thoughts and actions isn't easy, it takes time and effort, but I am worth it.  YOU are worth it.  We are ALL worth it.

*Enjoy a Beautiful day!!

--What are some of your sabotaging thoughts?
--What have you done to change the way you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment