Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Body Doesn't make me Beautiful...

It is National Eating Disorder Awareness Week and with all the blog posts going on around the blogosphere, I was really reflecting on my relationship with food and my body image. This is a hard subject where ever you turn I think.  There is negatives all around and you really have to search for the positives.  They are out there, thank goodness, but you have to want to find them.

My personal experience is kind of messy.  I have a very odd relationship with food and it goes from good to not so good very often.  I am doing much better lately because I know my body needs fuel to get through my workouts and busy schedule.  I have been told recently that I need to eat 1800-2000 calories to lose any weight and that has been a difficult bridge for me to go over.  Our minds are pounded with having to eat around 1200 to lose anything, but I feel like I overeat when I eat a full 2000 calories.  It has been an eye opening experience for me and I will go into it a little more some day.

beautifulbodyNEDA My Body Doesnt Make Me Beautiful 

With all of that, I wanted to play along with Lindsay over at the Lean Green Bean. I wanted to list 3 things that make me beautiful!

#1...My Body...but not because of what size it is (or isn't) but because it has given me my greatest blessings, my 4 children.  It has given me my greatest struggles in where I have learned so much about myself and my abilities to overcome poor health and embrace feeling wonderful in my body.  I have struggles, victories and everything in between with my body but overall I couldn't live without it :)!

#2...My Faith...I have faith that things will work out eventually. I know that if I keep doing good things, good things will happen. I know that if I love myself, my children and my husband, Love will be returned to me in many different ways.  I know that if I love and serve others around me, I will receive blessings for many of the things I need in my life.

#3...My Persistence...I have kept 'swimming' so as to make some butter from this cream bucket I have fallen into.  I have never totally given up...some parts of my life have been more difficult than others but I do not have much 'quit' in me.  I will succeed in my desires to be fit and fabulous!  I know that eventually my efforts will be noticed and I will NOT give up!


What are 3 things you love about yourself that doesn't involve weight, looks or your bodies?

No comments:

Post a Comment