Friday, March 1, 2013

Behind the frog...

Who am I?   I am Katie Williams, a child of God who can do amazing and hard things. I am a wife who loves my husband with all my heart. I am a mother who nurtures and cares for her children. I am a friend who helps when needed. I am ME and so happy with it!!

A little more on all those points :)...

I am a child of God who knows my true potential.  If you want to learn more about why that is a major part of who I am go to LDS.org.

I am a wife of almost 10 years to a very busy husband who loves to stay fit and active too.  He is currently training for a 70.3 IRONMAN and motivates me to do so many of the things I never thought I could do.


I am a mother of 4 children, ages 7, 5, 3, and 1 years old, two boys and two girls that I love so much.  They keep me busy and on my toes but I wouldn't have it any other way.  They bring tears of joy, frustration and happiness to my life on a daily basis and I am so happy to be their mother!  NeNe is my oldest boy.  He loves to wrestle, run and be fit.  He did a triathlon last year and cannot wait to do one again.  Brownie is my oldest girl.  She loves learning to read and to draw/color all the time.  She is active in gymnastics and clogging and loves that she is getting muscles too.  Blondie is my 3rd child, 2nd daughter. She is anxiously awaiting getting to go to Kindergarten, but is loving preschool in the meantime.  She loves to dance around and ride her bike.  Cheese is my 4th and 2nd boy.  He is a cheeseball in everything.  He loves to make people laugh and is having a hard time trying to keep up with his older siblings.

And now onto why I really think I can do amazing and HARD things.  My road (which isn't over) to being a Fit and Fabulous Frog has not been easy!  I have been actively trying to loose weight on and off for 5 years, ever since I had my 2nd baby.  I was not happy with my body and where my health was headed.  My husband asked me if I wanted to be on a relay team with him for a 40 mile race.  I surprisingly said YES and started my training right then and there. I had never run more than what I was required to in school and always joked that the only time I needed to run was around the bases in baseball.  I now had to work up to more than 5 miles.  It wasn't easy, almost every step was hard but I completed that 5 miles with a smile on my face and tears running down my cheeks.  I had done it.  I had done what I set out to do, even when I thought it wasn't possible.  What an amazing journey!  Ever since then I have done various races and athletic adventures all with varying degrees of hardness and successes but the same result comes from every one I try.  I CAN DO HARD THINGS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment