Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Why a Frog?

Have you ever heard the little story about how 2 frogs were playing in the farmers barn and they fell into a bucket of cream?  That little story applies to my life so potently.  I have felt just like both of these frogs throughout my life.  Some times I am the pessimistic frog, sometimes I am the frog that just keeps swimming.  Right now, I am swimming the best, fastest, steadiest I have in my life.  I am committed to become a Fit and Fabulous Frog!

Here is the story if you haven't heard it...

One day, two frogs were enjoying the day in the barn when they accidentally fell into the farmer's bucket of cream, and they couldn't get out. The two frogs kept swimming around to keep from drowning, and every once in a while they would try to climb out, but this was becoming very tiring.

One frog kept saying, "This is useless, we should just give up." But the other frog just ignored the comment and kept swimming. Finally, the pessimistic frog gave up and drowned. The other frog was sad at the loss of his friend, but he wasn't going to give up. He kept swimming and swimming, and, finally, the cream turned into butter and the frog simply climbed out.

This story shows that even if we stumble and others (or our very own self) try to pull us down, we got to keep on swimming because, eventually, the cream will turn into butter and we'll make it out of the pail. 


Although I don't have anyone who pulls me down in my life, I do a lot of pulling down on myself.  I have been trying to become Fit and Fabulous for over 5 years and I have never given up and died.  I have had to stop my working out for babies, foot surgery, cyst removal, and just overall poor health that wouldn't allow me to do much besides care for my family and lay on the couch.  But so far, I have overcome all that!! I have kept swimming and some day when I reach my goals of running a half marathon again and completing a sprint triathlon in a competitive time I will be able to have enough butter in my bucket to jump out and be a Fit and Fabulous Frog!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment