Sunday, April 20, 2014

Staying committed ...

I finished day #11 on my fitness blender workout plan.  I didn't want to do it.  I kept telling myself I didn't need to, it wasn't going to be worth it, I was too tired.  BUT I did it!  I finished that workout and I felt pretty good after.  I fought myself the whole time saying, I'll just do 2 sets instead of 3.  I'll just do a little less cardio instead of finishing it through.  But I knew I'd be disappointed in myself if I gave up, so I finished it all strong and was happy that I did.

Is it only me or is it super hard to stay committed when you don't see any progress?  Or I guess the progress I want to see?

I haven't seen anything budge on the scale ... not one thing, but I have been able to see progress in my strength and ability to finish my work outs and push my body.  Yes that is wonderful, but I would be lying if I said that was satisfying enough.  I want to SEE changes in my body just not the amount I can lift while working out my body.

Frustration is a hard emotion for me to work through, but I have been working through it this time because while I want the scale to move and I want to look better in my clothes, I also know that I can only control what I can control and I can control how often I work out.  I can control that I don't give up.  I can control that I keep trying to figure out my body and I can control that I will figure out this cycle I am on and figure out how to be the best me I can be ... even if the scale doesn't move.

I have set a goal to not touch the scale until I return home from our travels.  I will continue to work out and eat right and if the scale won't budge hopefully at least I will have more energy and at least look toned. 

I have done a lot of homeopathic work, emotions and otherwise, that hopefully will help my journey along and I am just trying to stay committed to what I hope will help me in the long run!

---How do you work through frustration?
---How do you not focus on the scale and look for other progress?

No comments:

Post a Comment