Friday, June 20, 2014

REVIEW: Fuel your Better VegaSport

 I received a box of Vega Sport Performance Protein in chocolate flavor to try.  I was not at all sure about the idea of a plant based protein powder, but I was excited to give it a try.  The ingredients were right for my pickiness, nothing added that shouldn't be added to a protein!  All natural ingredients and some great promises for what the protein can do for you!

This is the description on the Vega Sport website ...


A complete multi-source, alkaline-forming, plant-based protein powder blend, featuring 5,000mg of BCAAs and 5,000mg of glutamine per serving, Vega Sport Performance Protein is formulated to:
  • Improve strength and exercise performance
  • Repair and build muscles
  • Reduce recovery time between training
The recent innovation to Vega Sport Performance Protein comes from the addition of SaviSeed (sacha inchi) protein, a rich, plant-based source of the amino acid tryptophan. Tryptophan is a key component of serotonin production(1). Serotonin—the feel good hormone—helps with the mental aspect of recovery, so you’ll keep the drive alive and be motivated to train again. Take Vega Sport Performance Protein within 30 to 90 minutes of your workout or throughout the day to meet your individual protein needs to recharge and repair so you can do it all again, sooner.


Well, my first try of this product was less than ideal.  I hated it.  I wanted to throw up BUT once I got it down my stomach felt great and I had no reactions whatsoever, which is not always the case when I take protein shakes.  So, since I had more than one sample, YEA!, I tried it another way the next time.  I mixed it with soy milk and a little peanut butter in my magic bullet and it was DELISH!  I loved it.  The next time I worked out I used soy milk again and added a few strawberries to my blender and it was once again Delish!  I am sure it is an acquired taste, as most proteins are and I'm on my way to loving this product.  I do love the way my body feels after I drink it, energized and ready to recover from the work out I just put it through.

Go check out all the #fuelyourbetter products and information available.  They have stuff to prepare you for your workout, stuff to sustain you during your workout and the right stuff to fuel your body to recover from the workout, pretty great if you ask me!



*I received Vega Sport products free of charge to review with my own, unbiased opinion. I received the opportunity through the Fit Approach, Sweat Pink Ambassador community.

No comments:

Post a Comment