Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Oral IV hydration ...

I recently received a sample of ORAL I.V. for review.  I knew nothing about this product, but have always struggled with keeping hydrated and so was excited to try it.

About: 
Per the marketing material I received with the product sample:
“ORAL I.V. is a revolutionary hydration aid product based on a proprietary formula of crystalloid electrolytes and purified water. Since ORAL I.V. does not contain any sugars, caffeine or stimulants it is significantly different from other products on the market. It can be consumed directly or added to water. Individuals can use ORAL I.V. as an addition to their existing hydration methods and to aid the hydration process.”


Initial thoughts:
I wasn't sure what to think about these little vials of hydration aid.  My husband saw them and got all excited to try them because of his 100 mile run coming up.  He will be using them during his race but I wanted to try them too.

I usually get dehydrated on long runs, short runs, mowing the lawn, almost everything.  I have very low blood supply so it takes an extra amount of water/hydration to keep me going.  SO, I thought I would give them a chance and see if they made any difference to me.

Conclusion:
I think these helped me.  I didn't get as exhausted during my lawn mowing and I seemed to recover faster even after sweating a TON because it was so hot outside.  These little vials were great because they fit in a race belt very nicely and the top comes off quick so you can just get it and gulp it down. It was tasteless so that was an added bonus as I do not like most flavorings. 

Overall I was impressed and if you are prone to dehydration or doing something extremely crazy (like a 100 mile ultra) they would be nice to have around!



If you are interested in sampling ORAL I.V. for yourself you can give it a try with a discount.  Enter the code is “fitness” at check out and you’ll get 10% off any purchase on the Oral IV website.

Full disclosure: I was provided with samples of the ORAL I.V. product to review. The opinions and reviews presented here are solely my own. I have no affiliation or relationship with ORAL I.V. and received no payment or compensation for this review other than the samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment